current employment opportunities
Secondary Special Education Teacher
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT – $575 Hiring bonus
Excellent opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, please join us!
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT POSITION:
The Instructional Assistant position assists the Teacher in the classroom working with Elementary, Middle School, and Secondary students. As an Instructional Assistant you will assist the Teacher/Senior Instructional Assistant preparing and implementing curriculum, managing and supporting students using positive behavior interventions, recording data regarding behaviors including IEP (Individual Education Plan) goals and participate in classroom meetings and activity preparation.
• High School Diploma and completion of 48 units of higher education OR High School Diploma (or equivalent) and pass the Wings Learning Center assessment test.
• Experience working with children with Autism and/or other related disabilities including limited communication skills, need support in daily life skills, restricted social skills and high sensory challenges preferred but not required.
• Trained in Intervention Crisis Training and/or ability to be trained when hired by Wings.
• Energetic, positive, and dedicated individual with the ability to motivate children to learn with the ability to be a team member and be flexible in approach
• Perform duties necessary to maintain an organized, safe, clean and structured setting for all children and staff.
• Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality and to record and maintain data
• Ability to pass Department of Justice screening and provide proof of negative TB screening
• This position requires the following physical activities: bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, talking, hearing, the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
– HIRING BONUS of $575 after first 90 Days*
– Paid Time Off including Spring Break, Winter Break, Holidays, and PTO Days
– 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental, Vision coverage also available
– Hours M-F 7:30am-3:30pm
– 401K Plan Available
– Ongoing professional development and training
– Small class sizes
Secondary special education teacher – $2000 Hiring bonus
Great opportunity to teach functional academic skills to students with moderate-severe Autism Spectrum Disorder. If you enjoy making a difference in the lives of children and their families, please join us!
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER POSITION:
The Special Education Teacher position will implement a functional based program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder in a secondary program. Come work in a collaborative model with Education Specialists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists. We have small class sizes with amazing staff to student ratios.
Valid Education Specialist California Teaching Credential with either a Moderate/Severe authorization or Mild/Moderate with an Autism Authorization. An intern eligible candidate enrolled in a Special Education program can also be considered.
– Competitive salary, based on education and experience
– 7 weeks vacation including Spring Break, Winter Break, Summer Break, legal holidays paid, PTO/Sick Days – 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, vision benefits available
– 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
– Ongoing professional workshops and seminars
– Tuition reimbursement
– Small class sizes with enriched staffing providing one-to-one support
– State-of-the-Art Curriculum & Technology
– Hiring bonus paid after 90 days of employment
Wings Learning Center was created in 2001 with the mission of providing a learning environment where students with Autism Spectrum Disorder can be inspired toward personal growth and learn at their own pace. We are a specialized school licensed by the California Department of Education to serve students aged 5 to 22 with Autism Spectrum Disorder and similar developmental learning differences. We provide ongoing staff development training and support to providing the most effective therapies, and emerging technologies to ensure our students success.
Wings Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Wings Learning Center will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with state, federal, or local law.