WHO DO WE SERVE?
- Our program is designed to support the student with moderate to severe autism
- We may also consider students with similar needs who may have a differing genetic or neurological diagnosis
- Our students come to us with learning challenges, communication challenges, self-regulation challenges, social interaction differences and rigid interests and preferences
- We admit students five years to twenty-one years of age and provide both elementary and secondary educational programing
- We serve students who need speech therapy and occupational therapy in order to access their education
- We serve students who require a functional based educational program and are working towards a certificate of completion, not diploma from high school
What is our Approach?
- We use an interdisciplinary team of experts to address the needs of the student
- We believe in collaboration between disciplines (Education, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Behavior Management & Sensory Integration)
- We provide an accommodated educational curriculum and therapeutic program for our students
- We individualize each student’s program to support their developmental levels and address critical skill areas to promote independence
- We work in partnership with the family and believe in helping our families discover the talents, gifts and strengths of our students
- We utilize TEACCH, SCERTS and Sensory Processing lens in designing a program of benefit